Our sangha meets every Monday at 7:30 p.m. in the Clara Barton Room in Peace Hall of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Raleigh at 3313 Wade Avenue. (Please enter Peace Hall from the upper parking lot.) You do not have to be a member of the UUFR to sit with us. People of all ages, genders, ethnicity, religious affiliations, and levels of skill or experience are welcome to join us.
We have a general format for each week:
- 1st Monday: Book discussion, See our Calendar for a chapter schedule
- Current book: “Reconciliation: Healing the Inner Child” by Thich Nhat Hanh
- 2nd Monday: recitation of the Five Mindfulness Trainings
- 3rd Monday: silent or guided meditation
- 4th Monday: facilitator’s choice, but focusing on silent meditation
- 5th Monday: potluck dinner at 6:30 p.m. Please bring a vegetarian (vegan preferred) dish, your own plate, silverware, and cup and join us for a mindful meal! Then, business meeting- followed by facilitator’s choice.
Please label ingredients in your dish, when possible.
We typically begin and end each evening with silent meditation. Normally, there will also be a time for introducing ourselves, sharing our joys and concerns, and making announcements or updates. We usually take a 5-10 minute stretch break at some point, too.
Members of our group sign up to facilitate the weekly meetings in advance. Anyone who feels comfortable doing so is encouraged to try facilitating. This document can help guide facilitators.
We ask that every week each person leave a one dollar donation to help contribute to charities/organizations we support, including Hungry Children in Vietnam Program (headed by Sister Chan Kong and the Order of Interbeing), UUFR, and towards purchasing new materials for our group. This is completely optional.
If you have questions about our group, please e-mail Gail O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org